st: Problem with seed and bootstrap

From   "feldman" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Problem with seed and bootstrap
Date   Fri, 16 Sep 2005 13:14:15 -0700

Statalisters,

I have a problem with a program that I wrote. For some
reason I can't replicate my standard errors results when
using bootstrap. I guess something is missing in the ado
that I wrote but I can't figure what it is. The program is
defined as eclass and the matrices b and V seem to be
working.

If I run the following do file

set seed 345478595
bs "myprogram x y z" _b
set seed 345478595
bs "myprogram x y z" _b

I get different standard errors each time. The same happens
when I use the syntax for Stata 9 (altough for some reason
it doesn't like the _b...).

bs x y z, seed(345478595):myprogram x y z
bs x y z, seed(345478595):myprogram x y z

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Alejandro