Re: st: Polychoric Correlation

Subject   Re: st: Polychoric Correlation
Date   Fri, 16 Sep 2005 11:40:36 -0400

polychoric seems to use version 8 and latter.

                      Sent by:                         To:
                      owner-statalist@hsphsun2.        cc:
                                  Subject:  st: Polychoric Correlation
                      09/16/2005 11:32 AM
                      Please respond to

Hi all:

I'm trying use polychoric command to get correlation between categorical
variables. There are about 2000 observations.
Gender: male=1 female=2   and stress: yes=1 and no=0

I'm getting this "conformability error".

polychoric  gender Stress
conformability error

Why am I getting this error?  I'm using STATA 7.
Please advise me. Thanks