Re: st: Stata 8.0 and Stata 7.0 versions-Problem with reading files

From   "Neil Shephard" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Stata 8.0 and Stata 7.0 versions-Problem with reading files
Date   Fri, 16 Sep 2005 10:45:30 +0100

> a colleague of mine and I are working simultaneously on a big dataset.
> I am using Stata 8.0 version and she uses Stata 7.0 version.
>
> When she sends me the DTA files I can read them without problems. But
> the other way round does not work. My DTA files are not read in her
> Stata 7.0 version. As the file is really big in its dimension and lots
> of time and effort has been spent on it, is there any way that she can
> be able to read DTA files from me? How can we make my file compatible
> to her Stata 7.0 version?

-man saveold- should allow you to get round this.

HTH's

Neil

Neil Shephard
Genetics Statistician
ARC Epidemiology Unit, University of Manchester

"If your result needs a statistician then you should design a better experiment" -
Ernest Rutherford