[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date index][Thread index]
st: New Mata library on SSC: -moremata-
Thanks to Kit Baum, a new Mata library called -moremata-
is available from SSC.
-moremata- contains various functions:
* Quantile function: quantile(), median(), iqrange()
* Cumulative distribution function: ecdf()
* Grade transformation: relrank()
* Running sum: colrunsum()
* Linear interpolation: ipolate()
* Convert string vector into string scalar: invtokens()
* Convert string into real: realofstr()
* Expand abbreviated string argument: strexpand()
* Read/write spreadsheet files: insheet(), infile(),
Note that most of the functions were previously available
via separate packages (-mf_insheet-, -mf_invtokens-,
-mf_ipolate-, -mf_quantile-, -mf_realofstr-; these packages
have been removed from SSC). However, -moremata- also
contains a new function called -strexpand()- and the
-ipolate()- function now also offers extrapolation.
IMPORTANT: REMOVE OLD MF_* PACKAGES FROM YOUR SYSTEM!
If one of the mentioned mf_* packages is installed on your
system, it must be removed before installing -moremata-.
Otherwise you will end up with multiple versions of the
same functions. To check whether you have such packages on
your system, type
. ado, find(mf_)
This lists possible candidates along with their package
identification numbers. To remove a package, type
. ado uninstall [pkid]
where pkid (typed in brackets) is the package id number.
After removing all old mf_* packages, -moremata- can be
. ssc install moremata
. help moremata
to view the helpfile.
* For searches and help try: