RE: st: RE: regular expressions in Stata

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: regular expressions in Stata
Date   Tue, 13 Sep 2005 21:03:49 +0100

By the way, and putting on a hat as one of
the Editors of the Stata Journal: we would
like to carry something longer and expository
in the Stata Journal on regular expressions,
and at least one (person|cyborg) has
expressed serious interest in writing that.

scott hankins

> The "V" is there because I [...] tried to do two things
> at once.

Nick Cox

> > "76(4|5).3"
> >
> > and
> >
> > "^76(4|5).3"
> >
> > both seem to work here. What's that "V" doing?

scott hankins