st: RE: RE: RE: -factor pcf- vs -pca- (was factor score postestimation)

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: RE: -factor pcf- vs -pca- (was factor score postestimation)
Date   Sun, 11 Sep 2005 17:40:02 +0100

I'm not up to scratch myself with the latest
changes in Stata 9. I note with some distaste that -pca-
results are now tainted by modelling jargon
such as "Rho" or "Unexplained".

We need a pure or pristine PCA command free
of this stuff. That's a small mata for anyone
so inclined.

Statalist convention is -command-, not --command--.

Garrard, Wendy M.