st: RE: RE: mat procedure won't run in V9

From   "Garrard, Wendy M." <wendy.garrard@Vanderbilt.Edu>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: RE: mat procedure won't run in V9
Date   Sun, 11 Sep 2005 11:03:04 -0500

Sorry about not clarifying the --metaregW-- command. This macro is
documented in Lipsey & Wilson's (2001) Practical Meta-Analysis, and is
available on David Wilson's website
( Wilson's macro was originally
named --metareg--, but this conflicts with another widely-used Stata
macro name, so I changed the name to metaregW for my use.

The mat / loop procedure ran fine under version 8. Indeed, I used it
quite a bit to get these special type (weighted random effects
bivariate) correlations.  I only recently tried to use the procedure
with version 9, and now it doesn't work properly.

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Nick Cox
Sent: Sunday, September 11, 2005 10:41 AM
Subject: st: RE: mat procedure won't run in V9

This uses a procedure -metaregW-.

The Statalist FAQ advises

"Say what command(s) you are using.
If they are not part of official Stata, say where they come from: the
STB/SJ, SSC, or other archives."

. findit metaregW

finds nothing, and a Google search seems to find nothing much except
your own previous references to
-metaregW- in Statalist postings, so for I all know it is your own

In general I suspect the problem is nothing to do with Stata 9. You must
use exactly the same names as -metaregW- to pick up its results.
-return list- after -metaregW- will tell you what -metaregW- returns.

Garrard, Wendy M.