Re: st: long variable names from spss

From   Steven Dubnoff <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: long variable names from spss
Date   Thu, 08 Sep 2005 13:34:27 -0700

Jim Rosenthal wrote:

Does anyone know whether there is an easy way to transfer long variable
names (names longer than 8 characters) to  STATA from SPSS?
Stat/Transfer version eight supports SPSS long variable names. Long variable names are written to Stata version seven or higher. The only reason I can surmise that they are not being transferred into your Stata file is that the Stata version is set to something earlier. You can check this by looking at the text to the right of the output file type selection control or the "Stata Version" option on the third options tab.

You can check to see if the variable names are being read properly by viewing them on the "Variables" tab.

If you still having difficulty, please contact me directly via e-mail.

Best,

Steve

Steven Dubnoff [email protected]
Circle Systems We make your data instantly usable.
Download Stat/Transfer from http://www.stattransfer.com
1001 Fourth Avenue, #3200 (206) 682-3783
Seattle, WA 98154 Fax (206) 328-4788

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/