st: Constant Coefficient

From   "ALICE DOBSON" <>
Subject   st: Constant Coefficient
Date   Wed, 07 Sep 2005 16:14:13 -0400

Dear Statalisters,
can I estimate an equation by holding the value of a coefficient for one of the variables constant at 1.0?
Basically, I split the error term (e_it) into two components - true error (u_it) and a systemic component (r_it). I then plug the value of the systemic component. I then run the regression.
However, to do so I need to assume that the coefficient of r_it is 1.0.

* For searches and help try: