st: RE: transposing info worked need help with obs Array

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: transposing info worked need help with obs Array
Date   Tue, 6 Sep 2005 21:29:30 +0100

I am not clear where you are starting from, but
two tips are to master -by:- and to look at -egen, seq()-.

Explanations of -by:- appear in various places in
the manual, so start with the Index. An overview
was given in

How to move step by: step. Stata Journal 2(1): 86-102 (2002)
      explains the use of the by varlist : construct to tackle
      a variety of problems with group structure, ranging from
      simple calculations for each of several groups to more
      advanced manipulations that use the built-in _n and _N

Jeff NASTERNAK