st: outreg adds minus symbol to se's

From   Wouter van Gils <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: outreg adds minus symbol to se's
Date   Fri, 02 Sep 2005 13:55:08 +0200

Hi,

I'm a newby in using Stata, but like it very much. A few days ago I tried the outreg package to export my results to Excel. The export of coefficients works fine, but the standard errors turn negative when I use the 'coefastr' option. (The coefastr tag marks the coefficients with significance levels instead of the se's or t-values.)

For instance:

regress ZMINCULT VAGE VEDUC ZHHINC
outreg using C:\temp\zmincult2.xls, bdec(2) se nolabel replace

results in:

VAGE 0.03
(0.00)**
VEDUC 0.11
(0.01)**
ZHHINC 0.18
(0.02)**
Const -2.36
(0.10)**

while,

regress ZMINCULT VAGE VEDUC ZHHINC
outreg using C:\temp\zmincult2.xls, bdec(2) se nolabel coefastr replace

results in:

VAGE 0.03**
0.00
VEDUC 0.11**
-0.01
ZHHINC 0.18**
-0.02
Const -2.36**
-0.1

The SE for VEDUC and the Constant turned negative. The same applies when I use t-values below the coefficients. This does not happen when I choose a regular *.out file or an *.doc output, it only happens when I choose *.xls export. Is this a bug in the outreg package? Can anyone recreate this error on another machine?

Thx in advance,

Wouter van Gils

--
Wouter van Gils
Radboud University Nijmegen - Dept of Sociology

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/