Re: st: stata8 update

From   Neil Shephard <>
Subject   Re: st: stata8 update
Date   Fri, 2 Sep 2005 10:07:57 +0000

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 10:51:28 +0200
Olle Westerlund <> wrote:

> How do I update Stata8 and install psmatch2 on a computer that is not
> connected to the internet?
A good place to start would be...

Follow the links and instructions to update the executable and ado-files.

The recommended way of installing user-written ado-files is via one of -net from-, or -ssc- (although you can use -findit- as a roundabout way of finding the package you are after).

You have email access so I would recommend that you attach the computer to the internet connection and then...

. ssc install psmatch2

However, if for whatever reason you can not physically connect the computer to the internet you could try saving the files directly from...

...saving them to your local ado path.  What your local ado path is depends on your operating system which you have not indicated.

Check your local adopaths by typing -adopath- in Stata.

If your using a *NIX variant then in all likelihood you should place the files in...

If you are using windows then you will probably want to place them in...