Re: st: stata8 update

From   Neil Shephard <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: stata8 update
Date   Fri, 2 Sep 2005 10:07:57 +0000

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 10:51:28 +0200
Olle Westerlund <[email protected]> wrote:

> How do I update Stata8 and install psmatch2 on a computer that is not
> connected to the internet?

A good place to start would be...

http://www.stata.com/support/updates/

Follow the links and instructions to update the executable and ado-files.

The recommended way of installing user-written ado-files is via one of -net from-, or -ssc- (although you can use -findit- as a roundabout way of finding the package you are after).

You have email access so I would recommend that you attach the computer to the internet connection and then...

. ssc install psmatch2

However, if for whatever reason you can not physically connect the computer to the internet you could try saving the files directly from...

http://ideas.repec.org/c/boc/bocode/s432001.html

...saving them to your local ado path.  What your local ado path is depends on your operating system which you have not indicated.

Check your local adopaths by typing -adopath- in Stata.

If your using a *NIX variant then in all likelihood you should place the files in...

~/ado/stbplus/p/

If you are using windows then you will probably want to place them in...

c:\ado\stbplus\p\

HTH's

Neil