st: Analysis of longitudinal data from medical records

From   James Shaw <>
Subject   st: Analysis of longitudinal data from medical records
Date   Thu, 1 Sep 2005 07:22:00 -0700 (PDT)

Can anyone recommend a good paper or text covering the
analysis of repeated measures data from medical
charts/electronic medical records?  I am working on a
project using data from an EMR and am not sure if
there is a conventional approach to handling issues
like medication discontinuation and switching.  I have
a text entitled "Applied Mixed Models in Medicine" by
H. Brown & R. Prescott that has been of some help.
Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

James W. Shaw, Ph.D., Pharm.D., M.P.H.
Assistant Professor
Director of Outcomes Research, Jefferson Headache Center
Department of Neurology
Jefferson Medical College
Thomas Jefferson University
Office:  215-955-2097