st: Re: compatibility: stata for Mac and Windows

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   st: Re: compatibility: stata for Mac and Windows
Date   Sun, 28 Aug 2005 12:21:24 -0400

No problem. If you mean .dta files, .dta files are readable and writeable by all platforms on which Stata will run. That is how you can do use http://servername/datafile.dta.

If you mean .smcl logs, they are just text files, as are ordinary .log files.

Sometimes I have seen .ado files with the infamous DOS CR-LF, which make them look double spaced in any Unix flavor system if you type them, but Stata knows what to do with them.

Kit Baum, Boston College Economics