st: Re: [Stata 9] Convincing Stata to let me quit the program without confirmation

From   Friedrich Huebler <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: [Stata 9] Convincing Stata to let me quit the program without confirmation
Date   Sat, 27 Aug 2005 09:48:06 -0700 (PDT)

Sebastian,

It sounds like you would prefer Stata not to create a new instance
when you run a do-file. You don't describe how you call Stata from
your editor but maybe the scripts at the site below can help you
understand how to reactivate an existing instance of Stata.

http://huebler.info/2005/20050310_Stata_editor.html

The page has AutoIt scripts that can be used to call Stata from an
external text editor. AutoIt has a function that can check whether
Stata is already running.

Friedrich Huebler