Re: st: [Stata 9] Convincing Stata to let me quit the program without confirmation

From   Seb Buechte <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: [Stata 9] Convincing Stata to let me quit the program without confirmation
Date   Sat, 27 Aug 2005 11:23:03 +0200

James,

thanks for your kind reply. But, the way I am using dofiles is that I
want to run the dofile, check the output, maybe try out a few commands
to check whether everything worked out the way I wanted it to be, and
then quit the program by a single click or by pressing the famous
ALT-F4 shortcut.

To my last point. How would you do it under UNIX or anything derived
from that OS? Do you identity whether a stata instance is running and
than force that process to take the dofile as a new argument? I have
some problems to imagine how one would achieve such behaviour. Anyway,
I would be delighted to get to know more about this.

Kind regards,
sebastian

- Seb F Buechte
-