Re: Statalist: recursive VAR

From   Sergio Correia <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: Statalist: recursive VAR
Date   Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:46:45 -0500

I *think* he is talking about a model like Y1 = f(Y2, L.Y1, L.Y2).
That is, endogenous variable don't only enter as lags.

The answer depends on the structure of your model. I'm not very
familiar with -var- in Stata, but probably it will just estimate the
reduced form of the model. Afterwards, you can use the cholesky
decomposition to get the orthogonalized errors, and the true
parameters (assuming the restrictions that cholesky makes). On the
other hand, you can try with -svar- if you want to impose further
restrictions to the model structure.

Sergio