Re: st: RE: Create Dataset from Nowhere in Stata

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: Create Dataset from Nowhere in Stata
Date   Thu, 25 Aug 2005 17:23:45 -0500

At 10:34 PM 8/25/2005 +0100, Nick Cox wrote:

set obs 100
forval j = 1/10 {
        gen v`j' = uniform()
Depending on what you want to do, also check out commands like -corr2data-, -drawnorm- and -simulate-.

P.S. what's SPSS?
Unless you happen to have one of its 30 year old manuals, it is hard to find out. I don't think it wants its business customers to know anything about its social science origins.

If you happen to catch Bill Gould at a meetings sometime, like I did, he can give you the details about all the careful thought that went into the name "bi-turbo Stata" (as opposed to plain old Turbo Stata) for one of Stata's earlier incarnations.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu