st: RE: Looping graph and changing title

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Looping graph and changing title
Date   Wed, 24 Aug 2005 15:26:21 +0100

A cleaner way:

gen safe_copy = trim(country_name)
levelsof safe_copy, local(countries)

foreach c of local countries {
      noi di " `c' "
	twoway (line exp_lblended mktdate if safe_copy == "`c'") ,
		title(" `c' ")
}

Nick Cox

> I'd write this as follows. Perhaps
> you might like to test it.
>
> gen long id = _n
> egen series = group(country_codeifs)
> su series, meanonly
>
> forval x = 1/`=r(max)' {
> 	su id if series == `x', meanonly
> 	local c = trim(country_name[`=r(min)'])
>       noi di " `c' "
> 	twoway (line exp_lblended mktdate if series == `x') ,
> title(" `c' ")
> }

Jorge Morgenstern