Re: st: hausman and xthausman after panel fe, re

From   "ALICE DOBSON" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: hausman and xthausman after panel fe, re
Date   Wed, 24 Aug 2005 08:07:41 -0400

Hi Vince,
I have a similar problem. I obtain this output after using Hausman.
Since, suest is unavailable after xtreg, can I simply go ahead and present the results from xtreg, re?

. hausman fixed random

---- Coefficients ----
| (b) (B) (b-B) sqrt(diag(V_b-V_B))
| fixed random Difference S.E.
-------------+----------------------------------------------------------------
age | -6519.588 -6822.915 303.3273 .
v | -411.6388 -31331.31 30919.67 .
totlsa | 3393.901 3503.643 -109.7421 .
numcicd | -61109.29 -63309.05 2199.759 .
b = consistent under Ho and Ha; obtained from xtreg

B = inconsistent under Ha, efficient under Ho; obtained from xtreg

Test: Ho: difference in coefficients not systematic

chi2(4) = (b-B)'[(V_b-V_B)^(-1)](b-B)
= -6.22 chi2<0 ==> model fitted on these
data fails to meet the asymptotic
assumptions of the Hausman test;
see suest for a generalized test

Best, Alice