st: RE: Turning Graph Legend Off

From   "Steichen, Thomas J." <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Turning Graph Legend Off
Date   Mon, 22 Aug 2005 09:26:53 -0400

Kevan Polkinghorne writes (in part):

> I have been producing Bland and Altman graphs using the
> nice concord program written by Thomas J. Steichen and
> Nicholas J. Cox. My problem relates not really to the
> program but the graph produced. The default is that the
> legend is on for the Bland and Altman graph.
> I would like to turn it off but for some reason stata
> it not responding to the graph option legend(off). I do
> not get error messages. I have tried moving the commond
> option around, either makes no difference or
> I get a error  message as it is in wrong place. Makes no
> difference with version 8 or 9.

I would like to claim that this is a feature rather than a bug but...

Since the "default" legend is a real mess, the concord code
creates its own legend.  Due to programmer error (i.e., my error),
the macro for this homemade legend was placed after the standard
"options" macro, therefore disallowing an override by the user.

I've edited the code and will send it directly to you, Kevan,
for testing.  Meanwhile, Nick and I will do some testing of our
own and decide how to publish the fix.

Tom Steichen

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This e-mail message, including any attachment(s),
contains information that may be confidential, protected by the attorney-
client or other legal privileges, and/or proprietary non-public
information. If you are not an intended recipient of this message or an
authorized assistant to an intended recipient, please notify the sender by
replying to this message and then delete it from your system. Use,
dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this message and/or any of
its attachments (if any) by unintended recipients is not authorized and may
be unlawful.