st: RE: how to respond to a posting when using statalist digest

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: how to respond to a posting when using statalist digest
Date   Sat, 20 Aug 2005 18:03:25 +0100

You can still reply to what you get, by extracting
the relevant part of the posting and commenting on
that.

It is clearly especially important in such a case

* to remove all irrelevant material

* to copy the appropriate subject line into
your own subject line.

This procedure can mess up the record of threads
in an archive somewhat, but obliging people to
subscribe to the non-digest version of Statalist
before they can reply to postings would be contrary to the
spirit of Statalist, which is to recognise clearly
that for many readers the digest format is preferable.