Re: st: Limit on number of macros

From (William Gould, Stata)
Subject   Re: st: Limit on number of macros
Date   Fri, 19 Aug 2005 08:39:50 -0500

Friedrich Huebler <> asks,

> Is there a limit on the number of macros that Stata 8.2 can hold in memory?
> The only limits I found documented concern the length of macro names and the
> number of characters in a macro.

Stata will allow you to continue creating macros as long as it can find memory
to store them or until there are 2,147,483,647 of them.

When we do not state a limit, the limit is usually that.

-- Bill