st: Panel data sorting

From   "Bradley, Steven W" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Panel data sorting
Date   Fri, 19 Aug 2005 00:21:03 -0500

I have a large company data base in which I have the following
variables among others:  Company ID (ID), Age (age), Year (Year).

I have data from 1992-2002 and would like to keep a cohort of data for
companies that were started in 1994.  Therefore, I generated a new
variable that combines Age and Year (ageyear) to identify those
companies started in that year.  However,I cannot seem to devise a way
to keep data for those companies for subsequent years. Any help would
be appreciated!

Regards,

Steve Bradley
Indiana University