RE: st: Re: egen mean function

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Re: egen mean function
Date   Thu, 18 Aug 2005 21:03:43 +0100

This really is in your court. Why do you
have these multiples?

It seems that your data are not appropriate for -tssmooth-,
given what you said in a prior -tsset- (did you declare
the panel variable?). I don't think there is
any question of a work-around until the data
set-up is clear.

James Avery

> Nick, Kit,
>
> Thanks. But when I use tssmooth, I am told there are
> repeated time values in sample:
>
> tssmooth ma st_7 = st, window(7 1)
> repeated time values in sample
>
> I have a number of cases for each time period. Any way
> to get around this?

n j cox

> > Kit is referring to a function in the -egenmore-
> > package on SSC.
> >
> > In official Stata, see -tssmooth-.

Kit Baum

> > egen filter