st: Survival/Duration question

From   "Fatma El-Hamidi" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Survival/Duration question
Date   Wed, 17 Aug 2005 17:37:27 -0400

Hello,

I'm trying to run a competing risk, proportional hazard methodology to
estimate the hazard function and the effects of the covariates on outflow
from unemployment to public sector employment, private formal sector,
private informal sector, and out of the labor force.

I have a continuous "time of unemployment variable" which I recoded it into
intervals. I have also created a status variable that runs from 0-4 =
(0=3Dunem; 1=3Dpub; 2=3Dprv; 3=3Dinf; 4=3Dolf)

my question is how do I st the data. I know I should expand the data as in:
"expand 4", but don't know exactly how I should "st" the failure variable.

any suggestion is highly appreciated.

thank you

�
�