st: Solow growth model

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   st: Solow growth model
Date   Wed, 17 Aug 2005 08:01:31 -0400

Risti writes

Now, I'm doing a research project about Solow growth economic model using panel
data analysis for Asian countries.
Reviewing some literature and definition of the variables, I decided to use
fixed effect model. this is the econometrics model that need to be run:

delta yt = b1 delta yt-1 + b2 delta x1t + b3 delta x2t + b4 delta x3t + time
effect + delta et

note: delta means the difference, so delta yt = yt - yt-1

Sounds to me like a job for xtabond / xtabond2. This is a dynamic panel data model, and standard IV techniques are not going to be appropriate.

Kit Baum, Boston College Economics

* For searches and help try: