Re: st: A common legend with "gr combine"

From   "Svend Juul" <SJ@SOCI.AU.DK>
To   <>
Subject   Re: st: A common legend with "gr combine"
Date   Tue, 16 Aug 2005 12:59:58 +0200

Amani wrote:
I am using "gr combine" to present 6 experiments, each created by
"hbar.."displaying a comparison between boys and girls. I prefer not to
include a legend in each of the graphs and instead have one common
legend at the bottom of "gr combine".
I don't think it can be done with -graph combine-. It takes each graph as is, including individual legends.
You might construct the graph differently, using the -by()- option. That would require a long data structure with variables like:
xvar yvar sex experiment.
An example:
   . sysuse auto
   . graph hbar weight , over(foreign) asyvars by(rep78)
Hoping that this is useful,
Svend Juul
Vennelyst Boulevard 6
DK-8000 Aarhus C,  Denmark