st: RE: Stata v.8 hangs during update

From   "Axel Skytthe" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Stata v.8 hangs during update
Date   Mon, 15 Aug 2005 15:41:30 +0200

My connection gets timed-out also. Usually I download the zip-files with the ado-files and executable from the Stata web page to my harddisc and then update from the harddisc - see the Users Guide.

Axel Skytthe
M.Sc., PhD
Institute of Public Health
The Danish Twin Registry
University of Southern Denmark
J.B.Winsl°ws Vej 9
DK-5000 Odense C

Phone : +45 6550 3034
Fax   : +45 6550 3682 or
        +45 6550 3636

-----Original Message-----
[]On Behalf Of Mike Lacy
Sent: 15. august 2005 15:12
Subject: st: Stata v.8 hangs during update

I installed my original copy of v.8, but when I try to -update all-, it
hangs and does nothing after about 5-10 minutes of downloading in which it
appears all is going well. I tried separating out and doing -update ado-
and -update executable-, but the same thing happens.  Any thoughts?

Mike Lacy
Fort Collins CO USA
(970) 491-6721 office