re: st: comparing tables of ranks

From   David Airey <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   re: st: comparing tables of ranks
Date   Sun, 14 Aug 2005 23:08:47 -0500

.

Is their a simple Stata command to get a p value for the correspondence between isoform and behavior for the strain ranks or should I develop a randomization test?
In the end, I think there is not enough data here for the correlation. In looking in the 3rd edition of Manly's Multivariate Statistical Methods, the section on Mantel's test of two matrices describes that there would be only 6 equally likely values from two 3x3 matrices that make up the randomized distribution, too few to attach a p-value too. The conclusion has to be that although the pattern in behavior and molecular data is supportable by a p-value, any correspondence cannot be.
*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/