Re: st: Deleteing all observations for individuals with anomalousdata

From   Christian Holz <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Deleteing all observations for individuals with anomalousdata
Date   Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:02:42 +0100

Sebastian,
good remark! However, in that case it's even more straight forward. Nick's command would then have to be altered to

.bysort ID (Cost) : drop if missing(Cost[1])

Best regards,
Christian Holz

Seb Buechte wrote:

Nick,

you are right, -sort- sorts missing _numeric_ values to the end.
Still, from what I observe in case of a string variable - sort - sorts
missings, i.e. empty strings, to the top, which certainly makes sence.
However, if "cost" was a string variable the command you have
presented will not work as wanted..

Kind regards,
sebastian