st: Longitudinal data using Stata

From   "George Konstantinou" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Longitudinal data using Stata
Date   Sat, 6 Aug 2005 01:46:25 +0300

Dear Statalist,

I have 150 (daily) repeated measurements (scores) of 68 individuals where each score corresponds to the severity of the symptoms (0=no symptoms to 5=severe symptoms, continuous variable). For all these days I have recorded the pollutants' load in the atmosphere (continuous variables).

I would like to figure out if there is an association between the severity of the symptoms with all the polutants. But there is a logical thought that perhaps the symptoms are getting more severe after some days of e.g. heavy loads of pollutants and not necessarily the same day. So how can I check if there is such a pattern?

Which you think is the appropriate statistical approach to deal with these data and how can I apply this to Stata?

I would like to thank you all in advanced for your time and your help and I am looking forward for your advice!

Best regards,

George Konstantinou, MD
Sapfous Str, 70
Nea Lesvos