Re: st: Learning how to program Stata

Subject   Re: st: Learning how to program Stata
Date   Wed, 03 Aug 2005 12:39:41 -0500

At 12:17 PM 8/3/2005 -0500, Mosi A. Ifatunji wrote:
All,

I am interested in learning how to program formulas in Stata. Where might I
go or what might I buy to begin learning?

M.
The books I would recommend are Stata's programming manual, the Mata manual, and possibly Stata's Maximum Likelihood book.

Just looking at the zillions of ado files and Mata files that are already available may be a good way to start. For example, look at the ado files that come with -egenmore-.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]