st: Re: Durbin on ALL series in a panel

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   "Christensen, Robert K" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: Durbin on ALL series in a panel
Date   Wed, 3 Aug 2005 10:54:14 -0400

You just need to write a wrapper that executes the test for each unit of the panel. Optionally, save the r() values that you want to tabulate for each unit and store them in additional variables, or in elements of a matrix. See below for the first strategy.

In Stata 9 the command estat dwstat handles gaps in panels, and does so properly. It does NOT treat 1986-1988 as one year time span. Stata commands either refuse to work with gaps in time series or do the right thing.

webuse grunfeld,clear
replace invest=. in 5
replace invest=. in 195
g dw=.
g ngap=.
forv i=1/10 {
qui {
reg invest mvalue kstock if company==`i'
estat dwatson
replace dw=r(dw) in `i'
replace ngap=r(N_gaps) in `i'
}