re: st: Specifying a repeated measures analysis in anova and xtmixed

From   David Airey <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   re: st: Specifying a repeated measures analysis in anova and xtmixed
Date   Tue, 2 Aug 2005 10:20:22 -0500

David Pieczkiewicz asked about setting up a mixed model with -anova-
and -xtmixed-. There are two random effects (reader and case, which are
crossed) and one fixed effect (modality). The dataset is balanced as to
representation at each level of fixed and random effects.

I just saw Joseph Coveney's post. I did not think of case as a random effect, but that makes more sense.

At the back of Neter et al., 1996 (Applied Linear Models), there is a section on figuring out appropriate tests for ANOVA terms for any model.

-Dave
*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/