st: Axis label annoyance

From   "Eric G. Wruck" <>
Subject   st: Axis label annoyance
Date   Tue, 2 Aug 2005 10:21:17 -0400

Hi there:

I'm working on some overlaid graphs where the x-axis is the date. The date within the Stata file is always the last day of the month. However, when I go to create my twoway graph, Stata labels the axes with dates that are the first day of the month (e.g., 01 Oct 00) -- dates that are not actually found on any record within the file. Why does Stata do this? I will try re-formatting the dates but it doesn't seem to me that I should have to do this. Any thoughts?

Eric G. Wruck
2535 Sherwood Road
Columbus, OH 43209

ph: 614.231.5034