st: memory for matrices

From   "NEYMOTIN, FLORENCE" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: memory for matrices
Date   Tue, 26 Jul 2005 16:35:54 -0700

Hi, I have some technical questions about writing .ado files for semi-commercial stuff: (1) how do you make sure that the names you are giving the .ado files don't conflict with other people's program names? Is there some kind of standard? (2) Is there a way to reduce the amount of space that matrices take up in memory? I keep running out of space for my matrices and I'm thinking there should be a way to go over the official allocation of memory for matrices, or at least to reduce the amount of space they are taking up so that as the amount of matrices in memory increases, it does NOT take longer and longer times to process the operations...
Thank you,
Florence
*
* For searches and help try: