RE: st: [Stata 8 for Mac] Dragging Do-Files to Stata Icon

From   mganz <[email protected]>
To   [email protected] (Derek Wagner, StataCorp), statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: [Stata 8 for Mac] Dragging Do-Files to Stata Icon
Date   Tue, 26 Jul 2005 16:27:53 -0400

Is there any way in Mac OS X 10.4 to ctrl-click on a do or ado file and have
it open in the editor, like right-clicking and selecting edit in Windows?

Thanks

>===== Original Message From [email protected] (Derek Wagner, StataCorp) =====
>Fredrik Wallenberg <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> I used to be able to run my do files by simply dragging them to the
>> Stata icon in the dock. Since OS 10.4 that no longer works. Does
>> anyone have any suggestions for this? I realize it is an OS question
>> rather than a Stata question but hope someone has some relevant
>> experience or knowledge.
>
>Tiger requires a key in Stata's property list that we didn't know was needed
>because previous versions of Mac OS X didn't seem to care about.
>
>To correct the problem, extract the file below between "cut here" and save it
>as Info.plist in the Stata application.  For example, if you're using
Stata/SE
>and it is installed in /Applications/Stata, then save the file as
>
>/Applications/Stata/StataSE.app/Contents/Info.plist
>
>overwriting the existing file.
>
>If you're using Intercooled Stata, change all instances of Stata/SE in the
>file to Intercooled Stata and save the file as
>
>/Applications/Stata/Stata.app/Contents/Info.plist
>
>You'll have to reboot because OS X won't know the application's property list
>has changed.  Rather than rebooting, you could also try duplicating the
>executable, deleting the original, then renaming the duplicate to the
original
>filename to get OS X to notice the change but I can't confirm that works.
>It's easier just to reboot.
>
>We've already corrected the problem in Stata 9 in the latest executable
>update.
>
>--- cut here --
><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
><!DOCTYPE plist SYSTEM
"file://localhost/System/Library/DTDs/PropertyList.dtd">
><plist version="0.9">
><dict>
>	<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
>	<string>com.stata.stata</string>
>	<key>CFBundleName</key>
>	<string>Stata/SE 8.2</string>
>	<key>CFBundleGetInfoString</key>
>	<string>Stata/SE version 8.2, Copyright © 1985-2005 by StataCorp.  All
rights reserved.</string>
>	<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
>	<string>Stata/SE version 8.2</string>
>	<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
>	<string>APPL</string>
>	<key>CFBundleSignature</key>
>	<string>S5x8</string>
>	<key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
>	<string>StataSE</string>
>	<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
>	<string>8.2</string>
>	<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
>	<string>English</string>
>	<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
> [...]

Michael Ganz, MS, PhD
Assistant Professor
Dept. of Society, Human Development and Health
Harvard School of Public Health
[email protected]
http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/faculty/ganz
Ph. 617-432-2382