st: warning for -tabdisplay-

From   "FEIVESON, ALAN H. (AL) (JSC-SK) (NASA)" <[email protected]>
To   "statalist (statalist)" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: warning for -tabdisplay-
Date   Tue, 26 Jul 2005 14:16:13 -0500

Hi - I often like to use  the -tabdisplay- command, but when I do, I
sometimes have this lurking fear that the variables in the "cell" are not
really constant, in which case using -tabdisplay- may give erroneous
information. Of course I can check for constant variables by issuing other
commands first, but this is a waste of time if they really are constant. So
I would like to propose that -tabdiplay- be modified to give a warning
message if a variable in the "cell" is not constant. e.g.

. tabdisp sess,cell(v1 v2 v3)
***  warning - v2 is not constant *****

Al Feiveson