Re: st: quantile regression question

From   Robert Duval <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: quantile regression question
Date   Mon, 25 Jul 2005 23:20:01 -0400

Hi Tony (or Mario as it reads on the email account!)

You don't need to split the whole sample. An interaction term is ok
too. You can have categorical variables indicating at which level of
the distribution of ability the individual is... and interact
experience with those dummies. That should give you what you want
without having to split the sample.

I guess my main point is to be careful with the interpretation of
qreg. Again it fits a line over the distribution of the error term of
y after controlling x, not over the distribution of x.

cheers,
robert