Re: st: Using weights for Pearson correlations

From   "Mosi A. Ifatunji" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Using weights for Pearson correlations
Date   Sun, 24 Jul 2005 20:27:35 -0500

Well,

I tried the suggested syntax with aweights and got it to work. The problem
is that I AM interested in significance levels. I tried using fweights and
iweights but the command does not work (just like with pweights).

I also tried using the svy command(s). The basic suite of svy commands are
do not allow correlations. But I did find a command online that allows
correlations using the svy command: findit corr_svy. After setting up the
svy command suite with my weights (using svyset) and downloading the
corr_svy command, I ran the corr_svy command and compared it with the
results from the [aw=wights] command.

The results are the same.

Thanks for responding so soon and helping to put me in the right direction
:)

M.