gllamm (was st: ologit - conditional?)

From   Ricardo Ovaldia <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   gllamm (was st: ologit - conditional?)
Date   Sat, 23 Jul 2005 06:50:52 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you again. One more question please. I have
another outcome in this experiment which is a
percentage ranging from 0 to 50, would it make sense
to use -gllamm- with a Gaussian family and an identity
link. Or is there a better way.

Regards,
Ricardo

--- Joseph Coveney <[email protected]> wrote:

> Ricardo Ovaldia wrote:
>
> I have data from an experiment where 50 pregnant
> rats
> were scarified and their embryos randomly assigned
> two culture mediums. However, since the number of
> embryos from each rat varies, the number of embryos
> allocated to each media from each rat also varies.
> Thus I have a M-N match within rat. (All rats have 2
> or more embryos)
>
> If the outcome was dichotomous, I could use -clogit-
> to analyze these data. However, the outcome, "embryo
> grade", is an ordered variable ranging from 1 to 5.
> What I would need is then a conditional ologit, but
> that does not seem to exist. Any suggestions would
> be
> appreciated.

> A couple of possibilities come to mind.  One would
> be -gllamm- or -reoprob-,
> e.g.,
> -xi: gllamm embryo_grade i.culture_medium, i(dam)
> family(binomial) ///
>   link(oprobit) adapt . . .-
>
> Another, if you're interested only in
> hypothesis-testing, would be -npt_s-,