st: Using Cluster stop with Clustermat

From   Allan Garland <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Using Cluster stop with Clustermat
Date   Fri, 22 Jul 2005 07:39:21 -0400

I am doing a cluster analysis on variables (columns), not observations (rows). So, I've got my dissimilarity matrix, and because this is being done on the variables rather than the observations, the syntax of the clustermat command is:

clustermat averagelinkage `DISMatrix', shape(full) clear labelvar(varnames)

Use of the "clear" option seems to be necessary, because if I don't use it the dimension of my data clashes with that of the cluster solution, and I get an error message.

OK -- the problem then is that when I want to use cluster stop with clustermat, I'm required to delineate the variables to use, BUT the original dataset has been eliminated from memory and replaced with the cluster solution -- so when I do:

cluster stop, rule(calinski) variables(`varlist')

I get an error telling me it can't find the variable names (of course).

So, can anyone advise how I actually use cluster stop in this situation?

Thanks,

Allan Garland

*
* For searches and help try: