st: Need help w serrbar format

From   "Garrard, Wendy M." <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Need help w serrbar format
Date   Tue, 19 Jul 2005 16:27:53 -0500

Hi All,
I am having trouble producing a custom << serrbar >> but cannot find
instructions for how to display the features I need. I have looked in
the manuals, help files, and Statalist archives.

(1) make the graph vertical (default display is horizontal)
(2) align the case/marker labels (study ID) on either the left or right
side of the graph
(3) add one or two columns alongside the labels containing (a) effect
size and (b) sample size.

I am using the serrbar to create a forest plot of 32 effect sizes for a
meta-analysis. I am aware of the forest plots bundled with some of the
user-written meta-analysis commands, but they do not meet my needs
either, and seem less flexible for customizing than serrbar. I would be
happy to use either approach, just so it yields the graph I need.

The graph I am trying to emulate was done with software called
Comprehensive Meta-analysis. The "ideal" graph is formatted something
like below.
-------------------
Citation		    Effect   N total	-2.00    -1.00   0.00
1.00    2.00

Bones & Smith 1999	.203		26	   |  	|	 |
Jones 2003			.450	     235	   |	      |

Thanks in advance for advice as to what SE or forest plot is the most
customizable.

Wendy