Re: st: RE: table formating procedures

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: table formating procedures
Date   Mon, 18 Jul 2005 22:22:14 +0000

Nick - If I understand your suggestions correctly I don't think it will work for my case since the variables I would like in the rows of my table overlap so I can't turn them into categories of a single variable. Any other suggestions? Thanks Alexandra

> -reshape long- first so your variables
> become categories of a single variable.
>
> Nick
> [email protected]
>
> [email protected] (modulo deprecated HTML)
>
> I'm still having trouble getting stata to layout descriptive
> tables the way I need them. Is there any manual that would have
> tables & instructions on how to create them? I'm having a hard
> time figuring it out from the regular stata manuals & help.
> I'm trying to get a table of means for multiple variables by
> category of variable1 and total:
>
> var1=A var1=2 var1=3 total
> var2
> var3
> var4
> var5
> var6
> var7
>
> David Harrison's suggestion for the transpose of this table worked but
&g t; I can't use it for the mean of more than 5 variables (so only var2 to