st: read files under certain directory automatically

From   Luhang Wang <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: read files under certain directory automatically
Date   Mon, 18 Jul 2005 13:49:59 -0400

Dear all,

Can stata put all the file names of data sets under certain directory
into a macro? Or is there some other way to read the data sets under
certain directory antomaticcally?

To be more specific, what I'm trying to do is to open the data sets
under some directory and count the observations, and I may add files
to that directory. Many thanks!

Best,
Luhang