st: preserve restore function

From   "NEYMOTIN, FLORENCE" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: preserve restore function
Date   Sun, 17 Jul 2005 11:09:00 -0700

Hi, If I want to create new variables and then revert to the "preserved" dataset, is there a way to do this without doing any saving and merging of data? Basically, I have a large dataset that I preserve and then do a bunch of manipulations on a subset of the data, including creating several new variables. I would like to merge these variables with the original (larger) dataset, and assign missing values to the variables that are in the larger dataset but aren't present in the subset of the data I was working with. I know that normally saving the subset of data and doing a merge with the original preserved data would be the intuitive way, but I was wondering if there is any other way to do it without doing a save of the subset of the data.
Thanks,
Florence
*
* For searches and help try: