Re: st: 4-way interactions

Subject   Re: st: 4-way interactions
Date   Sat, 16 Jul 2005 21:55:52 -0500

At 05:41 PM 7/16/2005 -0700, Bethany & Tom Timmerman wrote:
Hello all,
Relatively new user so excuse me if this is a dumb
question. I know I can use xi3 to test 3 way
interactions in (logistic) regression. Is it possible
to test 4-way interactions? I tried it using xi3 and
it dropped the 4-way.
Thanks,
Tom
The help for -xi3- says

"The xi3 command is the same as the xi command, except that it allows 3 way interactions, any combination of continuous and categorical variables, and performs additional coding schemes beyond indicator coding, and can create codings that allow for testing simple contrasts and simple effects. It's syntax is much like the xi command."

So, if you want a 4-way or higher interaction, it sounds like you will have to compute the terms yourself.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]