Re: st: Maximized do-file editor

From   [email protected] (Kevin Turner)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Maximized do-file editor
Date   Thu, 14 Jul 2005 16:02:19 -0500

David Doody ([email protected]) writes:

>I apologize if this question is answered somewhere in the various
>support documentation, but I haven't been able to find an answer or
>figure it out.
>
>I'm running Stata 9.0 for Windows, and when I open a do-file editor
>from the main window, I can't figure out how to have that window be
>maximized automatically.  Yes, it's relatively minor to click once in
>order to maximize it, but it's annoying and I didn't used to have to
>do it.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks!

In previous versions of Stata the editor would still not have been maximized,
but because it remembered the position and size of the last (maximized) do-file
editor, it was visually identical.

In Stata 9, there is the capability for multiple editors and with that the
logic to stagger multiple editors upon creation was added. It is this logic
that is incorrectly staggering this initial editor and therefore slightly
altering the dimensions. Because of this, you are having to reset the
dimensions by clicking the maximize button.

We will correct this bug with the next executable update. I don't know of any
quick fixes or suggestions that would be any easier than clicking the maximize
button.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention,

--Kevin