Re: st: Use of econometric methods in medical research

From   Roger Harbord <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Use of econometric methods in medical research
Date   Thu, 14 Jul 2005 16:47:17 +0100

Hi Joe. here's a few I'm aware of in epidemiology - mostly instrumental variables, which is one of my interests at the moment. I know nothing about clinical pharmacology or dynamic panel models myself.

Zohoori N, Savitz DA. Econometric approaches to epidemiologic data: Relating endogeneity and unobserved heterogeneity to confounding. Annals of Epidemiology 1997;7:251-257.

Greenland S. An introduction to instrumental variables for epidemiologists. Int.J.Epidemiol. 2000;29:722-729.

Hogan JW, Lancaster T. Instrumental variables and inverse probability weighting for causal inference from longitudinal observational studies. Statistical Methods in Medical Research 2004;13:17-48.

CARROLL RJ, STEFANSKI LA. MEASUREMENT ERROR, INSTRUMENTAL VARIABLES AND CORRECTIONS FOR ATTENUATION WITH APPLICATIONS TO META-ANALYSES. Stat Med 1994;13:1265-1282.

Hope they're some use. Best wishes,
Roger.

--
Roger Harbord
Department of Social Medicine, University of Bristol